Hola hola!!
WOW!! This week was so good!!! I love my new area, my two wards, and my new companion!!! This week a few of the memorable things that happened were that I got bit by a turtle, I climbed a hill that legitimately is on a 70 degree angle (10 min. is our record time), I got eaten by mosquitos, we saw the national bird of El Sal (uber rare), found a bunch of spiders the size of the palm of my hand chilling above our friends house and I cooked a fish!!
In Juayua we have two wards; Juayua and Progreso. Where we live it's cool and rainy, a total tourist town, shops, two volcanoes in the distance, tini moto taxis cruising around, a square by the cathedral (which has bells that ring all the time :)) I basically feel like I'm in a movie jaja! The wards here are awesome!! I love the members. Yesterday the Mendez family (they own a bakery) taught me and my companion how to make pizza! Super rico!! I also met this little girl named Fernanda, she decided that we are twins and went around telling everyone jaja!
Hermana Saggeth is my new companion and (crazy!) she's actually the missionary I replaced in my old area Palmar! But we get along so well. Like she's my best friend jaja! We were dying laughing last night and we talk all the time, hopefully my spanish is getting better because of her :D its really good though because it forces me to talk and to learn. But seriously we work so well together, it feels awesome to have the spirit and work hard together.
I'm so happy to be here!!!
Something kind of funny that happened was that the bishop in Juayua yesterday stood up in church and announced that I would give my testimony. Hello jaja! But I went up and bore my testimony about the Savior about what I know the Savior has done for me. In Sunday School we read a talk from General Conference about what the Savior has done for us by President Oaks. It was really powerful to read the talk. One quote that President Oaks said that I really liked says,
"Because He loves us, He challenges us to focus on Him instead of the things of this mortal world. In His great sermon on the bread of life, Jesus taught that we should not be among those who are most attracted to the things of the world—the things that sustain life on earth but give no nourishment toward eternal life. As Jesus invited us again and again and again, Follow me."
When we think about it, everything the Savior has done/does for us is out of love. All that is asked of us is for us to love Him and act on that love to follow Him. When our daily motivation to choose the right is motivated by love we won't need to question what the Lord has asked of us because we trust Him and see what He has done for us to receive all of His choicest blessings.
Les amo a todos y espero que todos pasen una feliz semana!! Recuerden que el Salvador les ama y Él está allí por ustedes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment