Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Working Title

Dang yeah... these past two weeks have been insane.
We put two of our friends on date to be baptized!!!! Please please please pray for Marco and Allen!!!!
We had transfers, so me and Sister Hampton dropped off Sister Riley in Santa Rosa and back in one day, that's about 9 hours folks :P 
So now I'm in a duo again!! And this duo had the crazy hardest week I've had in my mission haha. We had tons of lessons this past week, one day we ended up driving 900 miles, and we got totally wreaked for a few days because we got the vaccine and those side effects were brutal (still recovering) but even though it was a hard week saw so many miracles. I know God's hand is in His work and it's in our lives.
Something I was studying this week that I thought was really cool is the connection between these verses in the Book of Mormon. In Mormon 5:18 (I'm gonna make you look it up) it compares us to a ship and it explains how we fare when we are led by Satan. We are tossed in the sea without sails, an anchor, or any way to steer. We are lost.
This analogy reminds me of the people of the Brother of Jared in the book of Ether. They literally were in ships trying to get to the promised land. But unlike the scripture in Mormon, they had the Lord as their guide. They trusted in Him and had hope and faith that He would direct their paths. Honestly that would take a lot of faith! In Ether 12:4 it says, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
When we trust in God and let Him be our guide by following the example of Jesus Christ, by being submissive, humble, and willing to do what He asks, we will not be left without sails, or a way to steer. We will have our lives anchored in our faith in Christ and we know that when we build upon His rock we will never fall. Even though the storms will come they will have no power over us because of our foundation, Jesus Christ.
I love my Savior and I'm grateful to have Him as my foundation. I'm grateful for the knowledge that He did it all and that even when we have storms in our lives beating on us He has the power to comfort us and to give us the strength to get through.
Thanks for reading :) los quiero muchísimo, espero que todo salga bien esta semana y que ustedes puedan sentir el poder del Salvador en su vida. Él los ama y quiere guiarlos. Yo lo sé.
xoxo
Hermana Wags






No comments:

Post a Comment