Hola a todos! Cómo están?
Pues this week was good! We had exchanges and I got to go to Eureka with Sister Soultz :) we made homemade lasagna, got street strawberries, and got to have a lesson with some Spanish speaking members!!! It was so much fun!
Me and Hermana Hampton worked super hard this week... our two friends that have accepted a baptismal date are dodging us... so that's been hard. But our friends Lenny and Barbara came to church, and we had an awesome lesson with Carole before she left on her trip!
We gifted a hard cover Book of Mormon to Carole, talked about the importance of it, and read the introduction. We told her that while she is gone we are going to read it with her! She's so cute, she said "well I guess I can pray all I want but if I want to know it's true I guess I'd better read it"! Truer words were never spoken. Haha!
Something I've been studying lately is faith. One thing I loved from General Conference was when President Nelson said, "stop rehearsing your doubts with other doubters". One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is Mormon 9:27. One part of it says "Doubt not, but be believing". Like Carole said, we have to read it and trust in the Spirit to guide us! When we look for proof without faith then it will be very hard for us to find, but when we seek with faith in Jesus Christ then God will be able to open our eyes and hearts and we will be able to learn more.
One of the primary girls in our ward said, "when you stand in holy places it makes it so Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can get to us!" When we have faith and act on it we can make where we are a holy place and we can continue to grow our testimonies. I think if there was a pie chart for "What We Need To Learn In Life" a big slice of it would be "Have Faith and Trust In Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ", and that means that we need to "doubt not, but be believing" and then Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will be able to "get to us".
(Sorry that was an excessive amount of quotes in two paragraphs haha sorry)
Pero los quiero un montón! Espero que su semana salga bien y esté lleno de gozo y buena comida ;) y el Espíritu también!!
Adiós y cuídense!
xoxo
Hermana Wagner
No comments:
Post a Comment