Monday, June 21, 2021

I Might Pass Away From Heat Stroke

Qué tal mis amigos? 
So super sad. I got transfered out of McKinleyville. What?! Crazy times. Me and Hermana Hampton had to wake up at 4:30 to get to the office building on time to go to Fairfield. Bye Hampy! Climate did a 180 so bye bye to my coat!
This past week was sick though! We had some awesome lessons and so many miracles!! And I have two new companions!!
Hermana Raezer: she's super cool, looks like the mermaid from Aquamarine haha, her original assignment is Uruguay!
Sister Sampson: she's also super cool, an actual CHEF! The first 6 months of her mission she served in New York at the Church History Sites, she's super cool!
We are serving in an English ward but we are also apart of the Hmong branch!! It's the best thing!!! I'm loving it here :)) 
A scripture story that really stood out to me this week was the parable of the sower in chapter 4 of Mark. The verse that stood out to me was verses 16 and 17. It's talking about the seed of the gospel and in this analogy we are the ground. It made me reflect a lot on questions like "what kind of ground am I"  and "what am I doing to become 'good ground'"? I liked verses 16 and 17 because it talks about the example of being planted on stony ground. 
It says, "And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have NO ROOT in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended."
I think it's important to think about where we are with our foundation. How deep are your roots? 
I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!
xoxo
Hermana Wagner



No comments:

Post a Comment