Monday, March 8, 2021

Over the Hump

Hola hola buenas!! Cómo están??
Okay this week was awesome!! So we had lots of fun things this week! 
La Familia Flores: So we are teaching a family from Honduras and a few of them have lived here for 2 years but this week the wife and one of the sons finally moved here!! They are a family of fashionistas (I almost teared up when the mom complimented my outfit lol). The branch came in clutch and made a huge dinner for them and we got to go to their house and chat with them!!! They are so so cool and it was awesome to see them together finally :) and then on Sunday they all came to church in person! It was so fun ♡♡♡♡ so that basically made my life.
Church with the Branch: Also there were a bunch of little kids at church this week and after the meeting they all ran to the other side of the gym and started playing with the soccer/volley/basketball mix. I think it made everyone happy to see kids playing :) One of the sons from Honduras (who reminds me so much of Stew) was playing basketball. He passed the ball to me and I made one perfect shot. After that I walked away because I want him to think I'm a baller and I couldn't ruin it. 
Happy Halfway: Also this week was my halfway!! So crazy!! I actually can't believe it. Also I realized that I've been out long enough that I don't know pop culture anymore so that is weird, I feel like an abuelita. Hermana Giles has been updating me on the trends ;)
Julissa: Another cool thing!! We are helping a little girl in our branch get baptized this month!! She didn't baptized because of COVID and so we've been teaching her and she decided to get baptized on the 27, WHOOT WHOOT! She's like a little marshmallow and reminds me of Vanelope from Wreck it Ralph hehe
Spiritual Thought: Something cool I've been thinking about this week is the Christ-like attribute of hope (shout out to my super cool sis) and waiting on the Lord's timing. In Elder Holland's most recent talk in conference (which you should all listen to!!) He said, "COVID and cancer, doubt and dismay, financial trouble and family trials. When will these burdens be lifted? The answer is “by and by.” And whether that be a short period or a long one is not always ours to say, but by the grace of God, the blessings will come to those who hold fast to the gospel of Jesus Christ. That issue was settled in a very private garden and on a very public hill in Jerusalem long ago."
Los quiero muchísimo, y espero que tengan una feliz semana! Cuídense!
xoxo 
Hermana Wagdawg
Pics: store, after church, taco truck, us, sunset






No comments:

Post a Comment