Monday, October 12, 2020

Living it Up at the Hotel California

Hola hola a todos! Qué tal amigos?

Wow this week has been bien loco! Very crazy! I MOVED! I left the Red House in Ukiah and took off my training wheels. Right now I'm white washing and opening a new Spanish area in Woodland! I have two new companions; Hermana Kartchner and Hermana Lamoreaux (yeah Latinos don't like saying their last names). They are AWESOME! Hermana K is going home in December and Hermana L has been out the same time as me! Kinda funny I actually have connections with both of them. Hermana K and I found out we did gymnastics together at Jolley's. Haha! We have a cute picture when we were 11 and 12, super funny. And Hermana L swam at Dixie and was roommates with one of my best friends, the one and only Gretchen Hyer! They're both so awesome and I'm so glad I'm with them!!!

Fun fact: I am living in a hotel... I'm typing this on my comfy queen size Hampton Inn bed, but that's about where the comfort ends. Going from a house to a tiny hotel room with so space and no kitchen is an... adjustment? Haha it's kinda hard but we make it work... I hope we find an apartment soon. 

So that's hard but this place is awesome!! Our new area used to be one big area of elders. So now we have half and the elder's have half, but we are in the same Spanish branch. The elders have been so nice about helping us figure everything out. They actually set up a lesson for us to teach on our third day here!

We were super excited to finally teach someone here and a member was going to come to the lesson too! So we got the address from the elders and knocked on this lady's door. She (and her 3 little niños) answered and said that she would be ready in 15 minutes, so we went for a walk around and texted the member saying that we were going to meet a little later. 15 minutes later we come back. About halfway through our lesson we had a realization... this wasn't the lady we were supposed to be teaching and we were at the wrong house. The lesson actually went really well and she invited us to come back the next week. We left her house dying laughing that we got the addresses mixed up and saw that the member sent us a bunch of texts hahahahh! Turns out that the people we were going to visit weren't even home so if we did go to the right house we wouldn't have had a lesson or gotten to meet someone new!

Kind of a funny story but I think that things like this happen a lot in life. I'm a firm believer that there are no consequences in life. And sometimes unexpected things happen that lead us to unexpected blessings. Heavenly Father has a plan for us that is often times different than our plans for ourselves. We can't always see the blessings that come from a detor but blessings come when we trust in God and His plan.

Hasta luego amigos! Tengan una buena semana!

xoxo
Hermana Wagner


comps 

hermana K middle row far left, I'm on top row far left



No comments:

Post a Comment