hola hola amigos!!!
this week so good!! super fun and we got to meet a bunch of the members in our spanish group. I don't remember if I told y'all but we have been able to go into people's homes and teach which has been such a blessing!! super fun :) here are some fun(ny) things from this week:
- one of our friends tried to set my companion up with one of his friends haha!
- we met a member who is OBSESSED with sports, he has pennets COVERING the ceiling and walls of his house (pic included :))
- we taught Maria the restoration and I taught a lot in spanish!! yay!! she's progressing really well!!
- we went for a run by our house (basically the woods) and we saw 15 deer
- went to a member's house on Sunday and we listened to a bit of their son's screamo band while we ate dinner. good times ;)
seriously though this was such a fun week! I'm definitely getting spoiled having 5 other sisters in our house and I love all of them so much. it's nice to be able to have so many different people around.
something I've been thinking about/teaching a lot this week is the restoration, specifically the first vision. and WOW. the first vision is so powerful. this week president puffer talked a lot about the truths we learn from the first vision. he listed NINETEEN truths. some of my favorite truths he found were that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are NOT imaginary beings, that they know each of us personally and that the heavens are open to those who ask in faith.
the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ is my biggest blessing. it gives me so much peace and joy to know where I came from, what my purpose on Earth is, and that I can progress past this life. I think this has also been something on the mind of president nelson. remember when he gave a proclamation a few months ago.....? "the restoration of the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ: a bicentennial proclamation to the world" is so powerful. it talks about the truths that we learn from the restoration and proclaims to the world the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I invite you all to read it and ponder its significance in your life, I know it is significant to mine.
you guys are the best! gracias por su amor y apoyo :) tenga un buen semana!
xoxo
-hermana wagner
gorgeous view from the screamo parent's house <3



No comments:
Post a Comment