Monday, November 1, 2021

Welcome Back to My Channel...

¿Qué onda gente?

Lo bueno: we had una fiesta de Halloween!! I had intercambios and got to spend the day with Hermana Barrientos, her original call is to Jamaica (whoot whoot!!)

Lo malo: i got a little sick this week :/ SUPER tired and bloated. Would not recommend if you have to walk everywhere... no es broma. I now have calves of steel. 

Lo feo: we're home wreakers.

The home wreaking story: so... we called thing random guy because we had his number... he answers, we chat. It goes well so we ask if we can call him back, he says yes. This is where the story gets interesting. When it comes times to call he doesn't answer (honestly a common occurance... but then a day later we get a voice memo in our WhatsApp from this guy. And this is what he said: his wife saw he called us and FLIPPED. She broke his phone and turns out our one little phone call trying to share the gospel ruined their marriage. By the time he had let us know he had already moved out and bought a replacement phone. He asked us to please stop calling. We're pretty sure we saw him the other day giving us a dirty look on his moto as we walked to church.

Definitely
one of the wilder things I've experienced on my mission.

Anyway... spiritually. I was reading in the Book of Mormon and I read this verse this week. In Mosiah 5:15 it says:

"Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen."

This scripture helped me through this week man. With the Savior's perfect wisdom, power, justice, and mercy we can be saved. As we are steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in good works, He will "seal us as His". What does it mean to be sealed to the Lord? Or yoked to the Lord? It means we have access to His power. His power doesn't always change the circumstances of our lives but it can change US and our perspective. He is there to heal us and to carry us. I have felt His healing power as He carried me through this week.

It's okay to have weeks like that. I firmly believe that we need the hard times in order to strengthen our relationships with our Heavenly Father and our Savior. They love us. Their plan is perfect.

Les amo, querio que tengan una buena semana y que puedan comer más saludable que yo comí estos días XD jaja

xoxo
Hermana Wags





No comments:

Post a Comment