Monday, November 8, 2021

¡Dele Chele!

I completed 17 months in the mission this past week!! Some awesome highlights:

- We went and talked to people in the cemetery for Día de los Muertos and it was so pretty with all the graves flowered :)
- I had lots of awesome opportunities to share my testimony of the reality of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ!
- We went to a birthday party and there was a cake with a diameter longer than the distance from my fingertips to my elbow jaja
- We helped clear and then level the dirt to build a house. I now have 9 blisters on my left hand and I haven't been able to walk right for 3 days but 100% worth it. (Pictures included).

This week was awesome! We worked hard, and I know I talk about it all the time, but one of the coolest things was that we got to be eyewitnesses to the growth of so many testimonies!

Lately I've been thinking a lot about a scripture in Mosíah that I read this week. At this point the people of Mosiah are divided into two groups, much like today. The people who didn't believe in Christ were persecuting the members of the church. I think we see these things in the world today. The standards of the world are always changing, and sometimes that's hard for us as believers of Jesus Christ to be in the world and not of the world. However the scripture in chapter 27:7 brought me a lot comfort. During their trials, while the non-believers were persecuting them the scriptures say that "the Lord did visit them and prosper them".

I thought it was so profound how the Lord visits us in our hard times. I thought of two questions while I was studying. 1) How has the Lord 'visited' me in my life? And 2) What was I doing that allowed Him to get to me?

I invite you to answer these questions for yourself, and I promise that the Lord will show you His hand and will teach you how you can encounter Him more in your life.

Les amoooooo, espero que todos encuentren bendiciones y comida deliciosa esta semana!! <333

xoxo
Hermana Wags



No comments:

Post a Comment