Holis!!!
The subject is a reference to the guys who sell bread in the street, they honk their little horn and thats how you know its the bread sellers jaja! Hermana Martínez, López, and I make the sound all the time lol... you had to be there, sorry XD
Imagine this, me and my companions walk down a cement slop into the front patio/jungle of an investigator. We all sit down on plastic stools and as we are going through introductions all of a sudden my companion starts profusely bleeding out of her nose!! Jaja! Ohmyheck! ¡Qué loco! The ladies there gave a handful of tissues and wipes and after about 30 min. it finally stopped. :D
This week was pretty eventful, we ate whole fish (lips to tail) the size of my arm!! We had a minute-to-win-it activity with our ward which was SO fun!! We ate lots of pan dulce :)) We invited our friend Eunice to be baptized and she accepted!! And I accidentally went to an Evangelica funeral...all in all it was a good week!!
Fun Facts About El Sal: We say hi to everyone, and everyone expects you to! It's considered rude if you don't say hi to someone as you pass them in the street. So we wave, shout "buenas" or "hola" to everyone, even the drunk guys that sit out :) Also along with that that's how we street contact/knock doors. Everyone keeps their doors open because it's so hottttttttt (it's so hottttt!!!!!!) so you just walk up to a door and yell "buenas!!" and then people come! Usually they are surprised to see missionaries but people are pretty nice generally. Speaking of people being nice, there's this lady who is a seamstress that we pass by sometimes and talk to. She gave me a skirt she made for FREE! What?! Shout out to Hermana Vilma, a queen.
I'm gonna give a talk on it this Sunday and I get to píck my topic! I think I am going to base part of it off of this scripture I found this week in my personal study. I absolutely love it!! It's in Jeremiah 18:6 and it says, "O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel." I love ceramics! I think about the process of creating a piece of pottery and a master potter knows when to apply pressure, when to stretch the clay, and when to cut off pieces that aren't needed. That is how the Lord is with us. He is the Master Potter and we are in His hands. The only difference is that we need to LET Him shape us by centering our lives on Christ and LIVING His gospel. When we do He can create something beautiful out of us. Right now I feel the pressure. I am being stretched. And He is helping me cut away bad habits so I can become something better. Those are some things I've been thinking a lot about. What am I becoming, and where is my foundation? But it also gives me a lot of peace to know that we are in the Lord's hands and He will be with us through it all.
Welp, I love you all! ¡Gracias por su amor y apoyo! ¡¡Espero que tengan una buena semana!!
¡¡Saluuuu!!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment