Hola hola a todos!
WHATTHEHECK this week was awesome! Okay, highlights:
- some of the elders made us a chocolate cake because we helped them with their Facebook page :) this is why we help people.
- me and Hermana Sandoval got to go downtown and we went thrifting!!! Didn't buy anything but the antique stores here are SO COOL!
- we had a lesson with our friend Anita FINALLYYY! She's awesome!
- we had so many miracles happen to get in contact with people and some really good lessons!
- we found out one of our friends that we're teaching actually lives in our area!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!! we had the wrong direction for him so we thought he lived in California City haha! AND WE GOT TO MEET HIM IN PERSON and he's SO COOL!! And he has a son and they both want to learn more and I love them so mucho!
- I learned how to make pupusas from Hermana Xiomara, who's from Honduras! Pupusas are a STAPLE in El Salvador and I ate and made them for the first time in the same day :) Basically I feel like a pro.
Obviously I tell you guys all the cool stuff that happens so don't be fooled and think my days are all sunshine and easy (it's actually been cloudy in Woodland lately;)). The important thing is to look for the positives and to be the positive in people's lives!
In my studies I found a cool scripture that I had never noticed before in Alma 25:17. It is talking about how Aaron and his brothers finally were able to see success in their missionary work literally after years of no success. It says, "the Lord had granted unto them according to their prayers, and that he had also verified his word unto them in every particular." I love how it says that he verified or confirmed his word in every particular. Sometimes it takes a long time to see our prayers answered but we can be like Aaron and his brothers. They were patient, faithful, and cheerful through it all, and God answered their prayers and kept all His promises to them.
This is just like us, God doesn't always answer our prayers in our time but He always answers and always keeps His promises. I know He does. Though the process can be hard I've found that by trusting in God I have been able to find so much joy in my life in the growing moments. Just like President Nelson has said, "it's better to count your blessings then to recount your problems" because when we start counting the blessings and miracles in our lives we can see there is so much good and light to be had!! Today I just invite you to be the positive light in someone else's life and to start counting the miracles or tender mercies from God each day. I promise you will be able to be strengthened by the Savior as you live joyfully and look for His hand, He will keep His promises and verify His word in every particular. :)
Los amo muchísimo! Tengan una semana gozosa!
xoxo
Hermana Wags
No comments:
Post a Comment