Monday, August 31, 2020

They Call Me Ranch Cuz I Be Dressin'

hola hola todos! cómo están!

this week was a bit of a roller coaster... we still have the STLs with us because of the fires so 9 people are staying at our house right now, it's a bit stressful. on monday I had to say goodbye to my trainer hermana miranda, and sister dribnak, (that was super sad I definitely bawled) but I got to meet my new companion hermana tipton (like the hotel ;))! so it has been a weird mix of sad, stressful, busy, and happy all at the same time

fun facts about hermana tipton:
- she's 8 inches taller than me
- she was a swimmer too!
- she is from arizona by snowflake
- she is one of the funniest people ever haha!
- she's at about 13 months in the mission
- her dad got shot 7 times (and he lived)
- she has met the guy who plays Jesus in the bible videos

mom says that when I email the top two things I write about are food and lessons... which is pretty accurate. but this week my food highlight was that we made homemade burgers! sister suman is the best at making food!! woahhh they were soooo good and by the end of dinner I was so full. like SO FULL.
now for one of my lesson highlights. actually right after our burger dinner we went to a lesson at carmina (a member)'s house. we walked in and saw her in an apron with a kitchen full of food for tacos al pastor. we totally forgot that she was planning on making dinner for us! long story short my companions and I also ate four tacos each (think the cake scene in matilda) and i about went into a food coma on her couch during our lesson, but she's the best and her food was worth it.

also funny story. yesterday at our member dinner (which was actually a waffle bar brunch with icecream. be jealous.) we were watching the sheep running around on the hillside. they started stampeding down the hill by an old plastic slip-n-slide and one of the sheep slipped on the plastic and toTALLY biffed it!!!!!! HAHAHA that was hilarious I wish I had a video.

these past few days I've been thinking a lot about prayer. I wanted to share some miracles I've seen with our friend maria, someone we've been teaching since I got here. a couple weeks ago we were kinda bummed about her. we hadn't had contact for 2 weeks and there were a bunch of roadblocks. i was nervous that when we did get contact maria wouldn't want to continue meeting with us. that p-day I told my family to help and to pray that we could meet with her, which seemed unlikely at the time. it was amazing! within in a few days we were able to have contact and she accepted an inviation to be baptized! during that lesson we also invited her to read the book of mormon everyday. we had read the first chapter of the book of mormon with her in a lesson but in the past this has been hard for her because she nannys at her house. but this week when we went to her house she had already read to 2 nephi!! I'm so proud of her!! she is doing awesome!! I know that prayer is powerful and that God still performs miracles among his children, we just need to have faith and work to see those miracles in our lives. 

y'all are the best! les amo mucho! paz fuera! 

xoxo
hermana wagssss 

pictures: weekly planning, hermana tipton, the gang







No comments:

Post a Comment