¡hola hola! ¿cómo están todos?
not trying to bragg.... but we got to go to fort bragg last monday and we went to the beach! that was like the nicest day ever and it was perfect weather! aka cold enough for a sweatshirt and warm enough for chacos ;)
this week has been busy busy and, HIGHLIGHT, we got to help the king family move into the ward on friday and saturday! we unloaded a huge truck, then reloaded it with stuff at a storage unit, and finally unloaded it again at their house. all the red house sisters (6 of us) were helping haul their stuff around. basically we are professional movers now. also we were working outside in about 108 degree heat and I was sweating buckets haha but for some reason looking back it was kinda fun haha!
these past few days I've really been thinking about faith and spiritual experiences. yesterday I read this amazing talk by president uchtdorf called "be not afraid, only believe" it's from the priesthood session from a couple years ago. there was a quote in there that I really liked. he said,
"I wish I could help everyone to understand this one simple fact: we believe in God because of things we know with our heart and mind, not because of things we do not know. Our spiritual experiences are sometimes too sacred to explain in worldly terms, but that doesn’t mean they are not real... just because we cannot see something with our physical eyes does not mean it doesn’t exist"
it's so important to hold on to our spiritual experiences! God gives us those experiences not just to have wisdom for a day but to draw on that light and knowledge throughout our lives. I invite you all to think about your spiritual keystones in your life and reflect on the tender mercies God has given you. I promise you that as you search for those things you will see an increase in the blessings you recognize and the frequency of the spiritual experiences you have.
love you all so much, sending virtual hugs :)
paz fuera!
xoxo
hermana wags
pics: red house sisters, happys!, the hills, fort bragg, and jesus way!


No comments:
Post a Comment