Monday, December 21, 2020

"Happy Christmas Harry" "Happy Christmas Ron"

Buenas a todos! :)

The subject is something my comps and I have been saying pretty frequently because this week is Christmas!!! Though we don't have any snow I have pie in the fridge, cookie dough in the freezer, treats on the counter, and truffles next to the microwave so we are set for a very merry Christmas;);)

Though we haven't been able to get out much this past week we have been able to share a lot of messages about the TRUE meaning of Christmas, Jesus Christ! It has been so special to focus on Him this Christmas season while being a missionary. 

One thing I have been studying lately are the names of Christ. It's been really fun to ask people what their favorite names for Christ are, and I would love to hear some of yours! Here are a few of my favorites:

- Emanuel: it means "God with us". This name was a prophecy of Christ's birth. ♡
- The Way: "there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through...Jesus Christ, who shall come...he cometh to redeem the world." (Helaman 5:9)
- The Living Water: "water is essential for life and is a symbol that Christ's teachings are essential for eternal life."
- The Mediator: "he [made] intercession for all the children of men; and they that believe in him shall be saved." (2 Nephi 2:9)

I love all His names for different reasons, and I love how each name highlights a different part of Christ's character. I think as we come to know His names and divine purpose we grow in the knowledge of our own. 

I invite you to give the gift of your time to the Savior this week, set aside time for Him. I promise that you will be able to feel more of His love and spirit as you learn about Him!

Les amo muchísimo! Tengan una feliz navidad! ♡♡♡

xoxo
Hermana Wagner 

Pictures: puzzle, tres leches, cookies, elders, hermana L, hermana K








No comments:

Post a Comment