Wednesday, June 17, 2020

"Sometimes I Start a Sentence and I Don't Even Know Where it's Going, I Just Hope I Find it Along the wWy" - Michael Scott

HOLA TODOS!


this week has been great! there has been lots of spanish and lots and lots of teaching… this email's subject basically has been my life for a while haha! I’ve realized that online TRC’s (where we role-play teaching people) are like the movie a quiet place. you don’t make any sound or the screen with switch to you and then you’re dead (aka you have to say something). haha! but honestly it’s been so cool to realize that even though i’m stumbling through a sentence in spanish Heavenly Father gives me the words as i need them, I just need to be putting in the work and doing my part. 

AWESOME UPDATE: I SAID MY FIRST PRAYER IN SPANISH ALL BY MYSELF LAST WEEK! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

learning all over again how to say a prayer made me think about a lot of things. i realized how precious and amazing it is for us to be able to communicate with our Heavenly Father! i think i realized this even more when i had to rack my brain for the words i wanted to say in spanish. learning how to pray also made me remember a quote i was given when i was a beehive written by corrie ten boom (shout out to cheree dawson for being an amazing beehive advisor!!). she says “is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?”. this question is an awesome life check. do we realize and value how precious our prayers are? I think it’s always a good reminder to make sure we have having “mighty prayers”! but seriously the best part about prayer is that HE REALLY LISTENS. He gives us strength when we are falling short, comfort when we feel alone, and He blesses us every. single. day.

I was listening to a song this week (only gospel music so if you have any good songs send them my way ;)) and it had a line that was so powerful to me! it said, “how could we hope to see His face, who never could see His hand?”. look for God’s tender mercies in your life every. single. day. like nefi says, “the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith” (1 nefi 1:20)

I know God loves us and listens to our prayers! have a great week! hasta luego!

xoxo
-hermana wagner


the MTC gardeners and clean up crew


districto perro (we pranked my teacher)


the realist squad <3



No comments:

Post a Comment